Clay Vase w Glyphs Master Potter Ventura Hernandez Benitez #12
- Master Potter J. Ventura Hernandez Benitz Large Ceramic Vase.
- Height- 13"
- Width- 9"
- Opening- 9"
- This amazing vase is an example of Ventura's great work. The vase, which should be used for decor only, show Pre-Hispanic glyphs found on Mexican pyramids.
- This beautiful vase is hand painted with natural colors (minerals and flowers).
- Ventura has hand painted and excised the areas around the glyphs .
- Ventura has hand burnished the vase.
- The workshop's rustic brick walls held up a corrugated metal roof beneath which his creations seemed to gestate in the heat. Homemade plaster molds and their offspring - pots, vases and pitchers that required weeks of labor - lay about the shop in the hypnotic chaos of a true artisan.
- Small ceramic pumpkins sat on the concrete floor in front of a shelf loaded with vases covered with images of skeletons dressed in fiesta garb, geometric patterns of terraces and triangles, stylized dogs and monkeys. Pots in subtle shades of dark red ocher, greenish umber and bluish gray sat nearby.