Ceramic Black Jar/Container Mexican Folk Art Pottery Décor Eusebio M. Ortega
- Ceramic Black Jar/Container.
- Height- 6"
- Opening- 3"
- Diameter- 8 1/2"
- This stunning black jar/container was hand made by Eusebio Mateos Ortega.
- This gorgeous jar was also incised with beautiful designs.
- In the 1940's, Jalisco also produced Black Clay Pottery.
- Rigoberto Mateos Ortega, born In 1942, was an artist in barro negro esgrafiado ( The term comes from the Italian sgraffiare , 'to make incisions or scratch with a special tool called grafio) He then passed his amazing tradition to his family.
- Today Eusebio Mateos Ortega (52 Years Old) and his brother, Pablo are reviving the Barro Negro tradition. They have brought creativity to unique products including these amazing jars.
- This jar will look amazing in any home, office or as a special gift for someone special.
- Eusebio has signed the jar.
- We will pack and ship the sculpture with extreme care and insure it.