Lg Wood Madonna/Virgin Mary Hand Made Tooled/Carved Mexico Folk Art Religious #8
- Gorgeous Wood Madonna "Virgen de La Salud"
- Tall- 16 1/2"
- Wide- 9"
- The stand- 8-1/4" x 3"
- On the 8th of December, the town of Patzcuaro, Mexico, the town has a lovely possession celebrating La Virgen de Salud or The Virgin of Heath.
- The artisan takes weeks or months to make the Virgin/Madonna depending how big or small it is.
- The artisan has hand tooled the wood Madonna with intricate details.
- The temperate and tropical forests of the state provides of the state’s main economic resources, mostly managed by indigenous and mestizo groups providing both material and fuel.
- The wood used by workshops in many small communities translate into one of the main sources of employment in the state. Individual artisans create each piece from selecting the wood to polishing the final product.
- For construction, several pieces of wood are glued together, the joints are visible. Please see all photos before buying.
- This does not take away from the beauty of the piece.
- Wonderful for your home or as a gift for someone special.
- We will make sure your "Virgen De Salud" is extremely well packed and insured.