X-Lg Mexican Ceramic/Clay Hanging Heart Handmade Decor Folk Art German Hoez Cano
Wonderful Mexican Folk Art heart.
- Wide- 13"
- Thick- 4 1/4"
- Weight- 8"
- Tall- 14"
- This incredible hollow heart was made by Award winning Ceramist German Hernandez Cano.
- The heart is a dark chocolate brown color with an incised incised Quetzal? or a hummingbird, flower and other designs. (the heart is darker than the photos).
- The heart can be hung inside your home or in a garden.
- German has been working with clay since he was eight years old. His father and teacher works with German and other family members to create their unusual and much soft after ceramics.
- German began experimenting and working with clay in the negative. Working in the negative requires the knowledge of a specialist craftsmen, given the complexity and richness of form and decoration that is found on the pieces.
- German's first inspiration was a visit to the INAH Museum in Mexico City 14 years ago. He then studied with Taller Hernandez Cano where he learned to work with the negative technique. The taller reproduced pre-Hispanic replicas and it took him two years of experimentation before he was satisfied with his negative technique and he has been working in this mode ever since.
- German has won a number of awards for his work on both the state and national levels. However, he explains that his greatest "awards" are selling to people who love and appreciate his work.
- We will make sure your heart is extremely well packed and insured.