Wood Stand & Parrot Hand Carved/Painted Mexico Folk Art Collectible Pina Rustic
- Tall- Including Bird
- Tall- 12"
- Wide- 2"
- Base- 5" x 3 1/2"
- Tall- 11 1/2" (including tail)
- Wide- 1 1/2"
- This rustic hand carved and hand painted parrot was made by Mr. Busmaro Pina.
- It is a wonderful piece of Mexican folk art.
- Mr. Busmaro Pina from Morelia, Mexico.
- Each of his figurines, masks or canoes are hand carved with local wood (copal), along with acrylic paints, wire and glue.
- Mr. Pina signs all his pieces.
- He grew up going to "Dia de Los Muertos" or "Day of the Dead" to Janitzio, an island in Lake Pasquaro.
- There is a cemetery on the island.
- People have been burying their love ones for many, many generations.
- Great gift for someone special or for your own collection.