Wood/Mixed Media Hand Made Mexico Folk Art Day of the Dead Rustic Bull Fighter
- Tall- 7"
- Wide- 5 1/2"
- Base- 4" x 3"
- Red Cloth/Muleta
- Wide- 1 1/2"
- This rustic hand carved and hand painted parrot was made by Mr. Busmaro Pina.
- It is a wonderful piece of Mexican folk art.
- This awesome bull fighter is teasing the bull a muleta. It is a stick with a red cloth hanging from it that is used in the final third of a bullfight. It is different from the cape used by the matador.
- Mr. Busmaro Pina from Morelia, Mexico.
- Each of his figurines, masks or canoes are hand carved with local wood (copal), along with acrylic paints, wire and glue.
- Mr. Pina signs all his pieces.
- He grew up going to "Dia de Los Muertos" or "Day of the Dead" to Janitzio, an island in Lake Pasquaro.
- There is a cemetery on the island where people have been burying their love ones for many, many generations.
- Great gift for someone special or for your own collection.