Wood Mermaid w Guitar Figurine Alebrije Mexico Art Oaxaca Signed Collectible
- Colorful Alebrije Mermaid with guitar from Mexico.
- Tall- 8 1/2"
- Wide- 7" (including fins)
- Length- 7 3/4"
The Alebrije Nagual is signed Jose Ramirez, artisan of wood art.
Jose is from the town of Arrazola, a town in Oaxaca known for it's wood making figurines.
- Jose is from the town of Arrazola, a town in Oaxaca known for it's wood making figurines.
- This lovely alebrije Nagual (shift shaper) mermaid woman is holding a guitar.
- It is all hand carved and hand painted.
- The fins of the mermaid come off.
- Alebrijes (Spanish pronunciation: [aleˈβɾixes]) are brightly colored Oaxacan-Mexican folk art sculptures of fantastical creatures. The first alebrijes, along with use of the term, originated with Pedro Linares.
- The mermaid is a very special piece of art. You can start your own collection of this wonderful piece of Alebrije or give it as a gift to someone special.