Wood Crane Mexican Folk Art Deco Collectible Bulmaro Pina Pina
- Height- 11"
- Width- 1"
- Base- 6" x 5"
- This remarkable and rustic crane figurine is hand craved and hand painted.
- This was made by self taught Mr. Busmaro Pina from Morelia, Mexico.
- He grew up going to "Dia de Los Muertos" or "Day of the Dead" to Janitzio, an island in Lake Pasquaro.
- On the island there is a cemetery where people gather every year to remember their dead.
- People have been burying their love ones for many, many years.
- These pieces of folk art are hand carved with local wood (copal), acrylic paints, wire and glue.
- Mr. Pina works are a reminder of a very, very old custom that has been part of Mexico's reverence for their dead.
- Mr. Pina's pieces are one of a kind.
- Great gift for someone special or for your own collection.