Wood Baby Quail Figurine Alebrije Mexico Folk Art Oaxaca Signed Museum Quality
- Colorful Alebrije Baby Quail "Wood Figurine" from Mexico.
- Tall- 5"
- Wide- 3 1/4"
- Length- 4 3/4"
- The alebrije is signed by Master Miguel Cruz P. artist of fine wood art.
- Miguel is from the town of San Agustin de las Juntas from the state of Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Miguel is international known for his spectacular works of art.
- Each piece of wood is hand carved, then meticulously painted by hand.
- The wood used is either copal or pine wood.
- The baby quail is made of copal wood.
- Please note the hand painted details on the baby quail.
- His father Don Agustin Cruz Tinoco and his mother Doña Cleotilde Prudencio Martinez were forth runners in this magical world of artistic expression, leaving their agricultural trade aside to fully dedicate themselves to wood carving and to the production of fine carved religion pieces.
- Alebrijes (Spanish pronunciation: [aleˈβɾixes]) are brightly colored Oaxacan-Mexican folk art sculptures of fantastical creatures. The first alebrijes, along with use of the term, originated with Pedro Linares.
- The baby quail is a very special piece of art. You can start your own collection of this wonderful museum quality piece of Alebrije or give it as a gift to someone special.