Vntg Ceramic Nagual Man/Bird w Beard Mexican Folk Art Handmade/Painted A. Ortiz
- Wonderful Vintage Man/Bird Nagual
- Height- 6 1/2"
- Length- 5 1/2"
- Wide- 3 1/2"
- The potter, Angel Ortiz Gabriel, a tenacious man of few words, has been working with clay since he was 11 years old. His studio-house-workshop located in Tonalá, Jalisco, Mexico, is a family affair, It isn't just a livelihood, it is a lifestyle passed on through generations.
- His vocation was learned from and taught by his grandparents Cruz Gabriel and Maria Felix Bautista.
- Angel also studied with the famous Jorge Wilmot, an internationally renowned craftsman who has been honored with various accolades. Angel himself has also won many awards over the years on both the state and national levels in working his craft.
- Angel Ortiz Gabriel has dabbled in various art forms but barro bruñido (burnished pottery) is his forte. (Feria Maestro del Arte).
- The nagual figurine is made of a mans head with the body of a colorful bird. The details of the man bird are gorgeous and detailed.
- This wonderful museum quality piece will be an amazing addition to any house hold or collector of Mexican folk art.
- We will make sure your nagual is well packed and insured.