Vintage "Josefina Aguilar" Mexican Ceramic/Pottery Bell Cow Hand Made Folk Art
$ 99 $ 139.99
- Vintage Mexican Ceramic/Pottery Bell Cow by Josefina Aguilar
- Tall- 7 1/2"
- Wide- 3 3/4" ( base)
- Wide 3" (shoulder to shoulder)
- This vintage Josefina Aguilar Cow Bell is rare and unusual.
- The cow is holding maracas and has been hand formed and hand painted.
- Add to your collection of Josefina Aguilar's folk art.
- Josefina is one of the best folk artist in Mexico and has won many awards.
- Josefina Aguilar is a Mexican folk artist from Ocotlán de Morelos, Oaxaca. Josefina was mentored by her mother Isaura Alcantara Díaz and grandmother. She began learning her craft from them when she was six years old. She is best known for her small clay figurines, called muñecas (dolls), an art form she learned from her mother Isaura Aguilar. Aguilar uses red clay to create depictions of everyday village activities, religious and folkloric scenes, famous figures and special Day of the Dead statues. Collectors of her work include Nelson Rockefeller, who discovered her work on a trip to Oaxaca in 1975 as well as repeat visitors to Oaxaca, who come to see her latest work. Children's book author Jeanette Winter has written and illustrated a counting book inspired by Aguilar's life and work