Tall Wood Statue Saint Anthony Handmade Mexican Folk Art Religious Collectible
- Gorgeous wood Saint Anthony Figurine
- Tall- 16"
- Wide- 4 1/2"
- Base- 4 1/2 x 4"
- Baby Jesus
- Wide- 4 1/2" x 1 3/4"
- While traveling through Limoges a pious benefactor gave [St. Anthony] lodging, and … assigned him a room separated from the others. It was night when the owner, either by chance or on purpose, passed near the room of the saint, and he observed that rays of unusual light came through the cracks of the door. He was curious to know the reason of that light, and approached the door very slowly.
- He saw Anthony kneeling, as if in ecstasy, and, full of wonder, admiring and a loving child of rare beauty, who was tenderly embracing the saint. The mystical vision highlights the child-like simplicity of St. Anthony and the purity of his faith.
- He is known for his profound sermons and his love and care for the poor.
- This saint was made by Eriberto Castillo Castillo. Eriberto works along his sons and daughters, continuing this cherished family tradition.
- The work shop is on the road leaving Patzquaro, Mexico.
- All the wood Saints are hand carved and hand painted.
- Wonderful gift for your self or for someone special.