Skeleton/Wood Old Man Dancing w Mexico Folk Art Day of the Dead Pina Pina
- Wood and cloth skeleton dancing man 'Danza de los Viejitos".
- Height- 10"
- Width- 4"
- Pole- 40 3/4"
- Base- 4" x 5"
This remarkable and rustic figurine is a skeleton man dancing the "Dance of the old Men".
- This was made by self taught Mr. Busmaro Pina from Morelia, Mexico.
- He grew up going to "Dia de Los Muertos" or "Day of the Dead" to Janitzio, an island in Lake Pasquaro.
- On the island there is a cemetery where people have been burying their love ones for many, many generations.
- Each of his canoes/or figurines are hand carved with local wood (copal), along with acrylic paints, wire and glue.
- Great gift for someone special or for your own collection.