Skeleton Head Hand Painted Mexico Folk Art Decor Pina "Day of the Dead"
- Wood Skeleton Head
- Width of Skeleton head- 3 3/4"
- Height- 4"
- Diameter of Round Platform- 3"
- This remarkable and rustic skeleton wood head was hand painted.
- Mr Pina added a rope platform to hold the head.
- This was made by self taught Mr. Busmaro Pina from Morelia, Mexico.
- He grew up going to "Dia de Los Muertos" or "Day of the Dead" to Janitzio, an island in Lake Pasquaro.
- On the island there is a cemetery where people gather every year to remember their dead.
- People have been burying their love ones for many, many years.
- These pieces of folk art are hand carved with local wood (copal), acrylic paints, wire and glue.
- Mr. Pina works are a reminder of a very, very old custom that has been part of Mexico's reverence for their dead.
- Mr. Pina's pieces are one of a kind.
- Great gift for someone special or for your own collection.