Rustic Wood Skeleton/Canoe Handmade Mexico Folk Art Day of the Dead Pina Tall
- Height- 23" (including pole).
- Height- 9 1/2" (skeleton and Canoe only)
- Length- 18"
- Wide- 2 3/4"
- The skeleton- 8 3/4" x 1 1/2"
- This rustic hand carved, hand made, hand painted piece of rustic art was made by Mr. Busmaro Pina.
- The skeleton is hand made, along with a canoe which is made from one piece of wood.
- The skeleton is holding a long piece of wood (twig). The tall skeleton is rowing across the lake.
- Mr. Busmaro Pina from Morelia, Mexico.
- He grew up going to "Dia de Los Muertos" or "Day of the Dead" to Janitzio, an island in Lake Pazcuaro.
- There is a cemetery on the island, where people have been burying their love ones for many, many generations.
- Each of his rustic figurines, masks or canoes are hand carved with local wood (copal), along with acrylic paints, wire and glue.
- Mr. Pina signs all his pieces.
- Great gift for someone special or for your own collection.