New Ceramic/Pottery Madonna "Virgin of Solitude" Handmade Mexico Folk Art Oaxaca
- Gorgeous Madonna "Virgen de La Soledad"
- Tall- 7"
- Wide- 5 3/4"
- Deep- 3"
- Delfina Vasquez Cruz is a master ceramicist from Pueblo of Santa María Atzompa in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Angélica Delfina Vásquez Cruz has been recognized as a master of Oaxaca folk art through her pottery which often includes angels and local animals.
- Her craft was taught to her by her father, who learned from his own father, and she has passed it down to her own daughter and granddaughter.
- She works with local materials, constructed traditionally and then wood fired upon completion. She makes each piece uniquely and by hand.
- She received the National Arts and Sciences Award in the "Arts and Traditions" category in March 2009. Her award was presented to her by Felipe Calderón, President of Mexico.
- Angelica Delfina has made a very intricate "Madonna/Virgin of Solitude" The details are amazing and beautiful.
- Filigree decoration is a detailed process which uses a sharp objects such as a needle or and other very sharp objects to add to the figurine.
- First the design is formed by hand, then Angelica Delfina uses a desired pattern, drawing the desired pattern on the wet clay.
- A sharp object, such as a needle or other sharp objects are used.
- Then tiny pieces of clay are applied by hand to create the filigree effect.
- Angelica Delfina takes weeks or months make the figurines like this Virgin/Madonna depending how big or small it is.
- Wonderful for your home or as a gift for someone special. We will make sure it is extremely well packed and insured.