New Authentic Handmade/Stitched Mexican Hand Loomed Huipil/Blouse/Top
- Authentic Huipil/Blouse from Mexico
- Width: 40"
- Length: 24
- Neck Opening: 6" wide and 6 1/2" length
- This gorgeous huipil is hand loomed in beautiful blue, cream and red threads.
- The entire piece is genuine hand woven and hand embroidered.
- This huipil is different because it has hand embroidered thick beige cotton thread on shoulders and hemline.
- It also has the same look and down the neck and front area.
- A huipil of this quality can take many months to hand weave on back strap loom. The back strap loom is a small hand loom used to make one slim weave at a time. The resulting fabrics, known as panels, are usually only 8"- 16" wide. 2-3 panels are joined together length ways to create the base of a huipil.
- In this case there are only 2 panels.
- The fact that this garment is made using a back strap loom and is also made with a very fine weave of cotton results in the garment lasting for generations and the quality never fading.
- The outcome of years of experience is this truly beautiful yet sturdy masterpiece of weaving.
- This huipil is in the traditional manner in which the huipils are worn.