Najaco Lupita Ceramic Figurine/Doll Parrot Cage Mexican Folk Art Pink
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll with Parrot in Cage, Pink Skirt
- The figurine is 11 1/4" tall
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 7" across.
- This ceramic doll is made by a family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This Lupita is a holding a parrot in a metal cage.
- The skirt is a lovely pink color with a colorful parrot painted on it.
- She has her Hair in a Bun, along with flowers.
- Lupita or Lupito is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita/Lupito was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now. Each doll is a model of Mexican woman's beauty.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted, initialed or signed by each artisan.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.