Mexican "Day of The Dead" Hanging Catrina Doll 6 1/2 Tall, Paper Mache/Cloth
$ 9.99 $ 15.99
- Hand Made "Day of the Dead" small Skeleton Figurine "la Catrina"
- This incredible hand made figurine is made of paper mache and cloth.
- The figurine is hanging by a string which is 18" in total length. It is 6 1/2 tall.
- The dress is made of purple lace and has a pretty white hat with feather and flowers.
- What a great addition to a Mexican themed Christmas tree or for adding to your Katrina collection.
- History below:
Posada's lyrical and theatrical political cartoons have delighted people throughout Mexico for more than a century and, because of their timeless expressive quality, many of the images continue to be published worldwide. "La Catrina," a skeletal woman fancifully dressed in a plumed floral bonnet, is among his most famous esqueleto.
The skeleton figures in Posada's work all live a life of their own, actively pursuing the Revolution, or out for a bicycle ride, while dressed for a fancy ball, making them synonymous with the Day of the Dead.