Mexican Ceramic Sitting Pig Folk Art Master Pablo Pajarito Barro Canelo Décor
- Mexican Ceramic Pig.
- Height- 11 1/2" (from ear to hoof)
- Length- 9 1/2"
- Width- 6 1/2"
- This adorable ceramic pig is made by Master Ceramist Pablo Pajarito.
- His works are found in museums in Mexico, the United States, Europe and throughout the world
- Barro Canelo means Cinnamon Clay.
- BARRO CANELO is one of the 5 traditional types of clay from Tonalá. Its terracotta colors make it a particular clay in its finish. This technique carries a similar cooking process to the rest of the techniques, what changes is the painting and the finish; It stands out since the pigments used are 100% natural and are made by the same craftsman. The paint and finish are not seen until it is baked and the different shades of coffee appear, it looks like magic when it comes out of the oven. The technique was traditionally used to make bottles of water that kept it cool and at temperature.
- There are few families that continue to perform this technique and one of those families is the Pajarito family, the head of the Nicasio Pajarito (RIP) family, who taught his children and his pieces.
- He creates his ceramics at his home kiln and hand paints each and every piece.
- The pig has beautiful designs throughout.
- What a wonderful piece of traditional art to enjoy in your home or as a gift for someone special.