Mexican Ceramic/Pottery Jar w Lid Mexican Folk Art Milagros Solis Luna Blue Dots
- Beautiful Mexican Collectible Jar with Lid.
- Tall - 7"
- Diameter - 9 1/2"
- Opening - 4"
- The jar with lid was made at the workshop of award winning ceramicist Milagros Solis-Luna. She is from Zinapecuaro, Michuacan, Mexico.
- Milargos also received a grant from Pochteca Gallery. Official judges from the State of Michuacan during the "2019 Morelia Concurso Artesania", chose Milargros to receive the grant.
- “Our tradition dates back to 1850, maybe a bit further back. For many years, we only made utilitarian dishes, pots and jars for water, bowls for food, among other objects for cooking". (Fernando Solis Luna).
- This gorgeous jar was made by using negative painting.
- This lovely jar has hand painted blue polka dots of varying sizes.
- Milagros jar has a black background.
- The vase has been hand burnished.
- This jar has been etched with "Taller-Solis 1850"
- Because these ceramics are handmade and hand polished, there are small imperfections. Please make sure to view all photos provided for minor details such as these. Please check out all photos.