Mexican Ceramic Jar w Lid Mexican Folk Art Milagros Solis Luna Yellow Dots
- Beautiful Mexican Collectible Jar with Lid.
- Tall - 5 1/2"
- Wide- 9"
- Opening - 3 1/2"
- The jar with lid was made at the workshop of award winning ceramicist Milagros Solis-Luna. She is from Zinapecuaro, Michuacan, Mexico.
- Milargos also received a grant from Pochteca Gallery. Official judges from the State of Michuacan during the "2019 Morelia Concurso Artesania", chose Milargros to receive the grant.
- “Our tradition dates back to 1850, maybe a bit further back. For many years, we only made utilitarian dishes, pots and jars for water, bowls for food, among other objects for cooking". (Fernando Solis Luna).
- This gorgeous jar was made by using negative painting.
- This lovely jar has hand painted yellow dots of varying sizes.
- The jar has been hand burnished.
- This jar has been etched/signed with "Taller-Solis 1850"
- Because these ceramics are handmade and hand polished, there might be small scratches due to hand polishing with a stone. Please make sure to view all photos.