Mexican Ceramic/Clay Mayan Figurine Folk Art Collectible Signed Removal Head
- Beautiful Mayan Figurine.
- Tall- 6"
- Wide- 6 1/2"
- Deep- 4 1/2"
- Circumference- 11" (measured around the waist).
- Patricia is Mayan a craftswoman in Muna, Yucatán.
- She is certified in the Smithsonian Museum and many other museums throughout the world.
- This gorgeous figurine is a replica of a figurine found in one of the archeological site. The figurine is made of black clay. The top is removeable. Beautiful incised details and a head piece complete the figurine.
- The art produced at the Los Ceibos – ARTE MAYA studio includes functional, ritual, and sculptural ceramic pieces faithfully reproduced from traditional, ancient styles of the Maya Classic Period (250-900 CE). Everything is made by hand using ancestral techniques. The clay is gathered from the mountains near Palenque, Chiapas.
- The semi-gloss finish is achieved by rubbing the carefully prepared surfaces with quartz stones. The colors are authentic–the result of natural pigments produced at the studio using locally-gathered oxides.
- The work of of Patricia Martin Morales and her family are recognized internationally for its consistent quality and beauty – a reflection of the talent and skill of the artists as well as the creative genius of their Maya ancestors.
- The figurine will make a wonderful addition to any home, office or as a gift for some one special.