Lupita NAJACO Lime Green Ceramic Doll/Figurine w Hat Holding Goose Mexican Folk Art
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Holding Goose, Lime Green Skirt.
- The figurine is 11 1/2" tall
- 6" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a colorful goose.
- The skirt is painted a lovely Lime Green skirt.
- The apron has two baby geese by a colorful pond.
- This doll is wearing a hat, two bows and two braids.
- The Lupita is painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco.
- in 1992, in the beginning, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
This folk art is full of colorful details. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.