"Lupita" Najaco Female Ceramic Figurine Mexican Chilies Basket Yellow
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll, Yellow Skirt & Basket of Chilies
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall.
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 6" across.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is a female carrying a woven basket full of chilies.
- The skirt is a lovely yellow, painting of a Farmer having lunch.
- She has a pony tail along with a comb and flowers in her hair.
- Lupita or Lupito is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita/Lupito was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly makes each figurine and is painted by hand.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá.
- Jalisco in 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- Each doll is a model of Mexican woman's beauty. This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.