Lupita Najaco Doll/Figurine Sitting w Bird Cage Mexican Red Skirt
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Bird Cage, Seated in Equipal Chair, Red Skirt.
- The figurine is 10" tall.
- She is 3 1/2" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 5 1/2" wide (6" including chair)
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is a female sitting on a chair carrying a wooden bird cage on her back.
- The skirt is a lovely Red color with beautiful hand painted birds.
- Lupita or Lupito is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita/Lupito was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly manufactures each figurine and is painted by hand.
- Najaco dolls began in Tonalá, Jalisco in 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.