"Lupita" Najaco Doll Ceramic Sitting Calla Lilies Green Dress
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll on Equipal Chair w Basket of Calla Lilies, Green Skirt
- The figurine is 9" tall.
- She is 3 1/2" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 5 1/4" in length and 5" wide.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is sitting on a ceramic chair holding a basket with Calla Lilies.
- She is wearing a lovely Green skirt with hand painted colorful details.
- She has her hair in a Braid, wrapped around her head, with flowers.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted and signed or initialed by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually painted and will have slight variations from one to another.