"Lupita" NAJACO Doll Ceramic Figurine Espanola Apple Basket Orange #2
- "Lupita" Doll in Orange Skirt Espanola Style, Selling Apples.
- The figurine is 11-3/4" tall.
- It is 7" wide at the base.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a basket of colorful red apples.
- The artisan has painted a man picking apples on her skirt .
- The skirt is painted a lovely Orange color.
- This doll has Two Long Braids with Bows & flowers in her hair
- Najaco were born in Tonalá, Jalisco in 1992, at the beginning, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits. Each figurine shows a figurine either going to cut nopals, a seller of apples, vegetables, flowers, birds, the shepherd or the traditional pulquero, thus showing the beauty of the streets of a town.
- In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now.
- Each doll is a model of Mexican woman's beauty.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.