Lupita NAJACO Ceramic Figurine Mexico Folk Art Fruit Basket Espanola Violet
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll with Basket of Fruit Violet color Skirt.
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall.
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 6" across.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is a female carrying a woven ceramic basket of fruit.
- The artisan has painted colorful fruit on the violet colored skirt.
- The Lupita has her hair Braided and Wrapped around her head, with flowers.
- Lupita or Lupito is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita/Lupito was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly creates each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women), while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans and signed or initialed.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.