Lupita Najaco Ceramic Figurine Mexican Folk Art Fruit Basket Espanola Lime Green
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll, Basket of Fresh Fruit
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall
- 7" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a basket of colorful fruit.
- The artisan has painted fruit on her skirt.
- The skirt is painted a lovely lime green
- This doll has a braid wrapped around her head with flowers in her hair.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, Lupitas come in different styles and colors.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls were created in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted, initialed or signed by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.