Lupita NAJACO Ceramic Figurine/Doll Mexico Folk Art Basket Vegetables Red #2
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll with Basket of Vegetables, Red Skirt.
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall.
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 6" across.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is a female carrying a woven ceramic basket of vegetables.
- The Artisan has painted a lovely painting of vegetables on the skirt.
- The Lupita has a bun on the back of her head along with a ribbon and flowers in her hair.
- Lupita or Lupito is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita/Lupito was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly creates each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. in 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans and signed or initialed.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.