Lupita NAJACO Ceramic Figurine/Doll Mexican Standing Holding Baby Décor Orange
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Holding a Baby, Orange Skirt.
- The figurine is 11 1/4" tall
- 6" x 5" (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- The baby is 4 1/4" long
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a baby wrapped in a pink blanket.
- The skirt is painted a beautiful orange color.
- She has Two Looped Braids with flowers in her hair.
- The artisan has painted a mother and child looking up at the sun.
- The Lupitas come in different styles and colors and are initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco.
- In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores, (especially women), while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.