Lupita NAJACO Ceramic Doll Teal Skirt Butterfly Platter Mexican Folk Art #2
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll, Butterfly Platter, Teal Colored Skirt.
- The figurine is 11 1/2" tall.
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 6 1/2" across.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is a female carrying a beautiful butterfly and flowers platter.
- Her lovely skirt is a teal color with a painting of a butterfly in the meadows.
- Her hair is in a Braid wrapped around her head, with flowers in her hair.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco.
- In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
This folk art is full of colorful details. Each doll is molded, afterward, each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations from one to another.