Lupita NAJACO Ceramic Doll Mexican Back Bird Cage Orange #2
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Orange Skirt With Parrot in back Cage.
- Tall- 11 1/2"
- Wide- 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- Base- 6 3/4" x 4 1/4"(at the base).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a wood cage on her back with parrots.
- The parrots move when the Lupita is moved,
- The skirt is painted a lovely Orange with a large two colorful parrots on the apron.
- This doll has her hair in a Bun, along with with flowers.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted with bright and amazing colors.
Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
Najaco dolls are created in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
This folk art is full of colorful details. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted and initialed/signed by the artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.