Lupita Najaco Ceramic Doll Nopales/Cactus Basket Mexican Royal Blue
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Basket of Nopales (Cactus Leaves)
- She is wearing a Skirt colored Royal Blue
- The figurine is 11 1/2" tall
- 6" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a basket of Nopales/Cacti leaves.
- The skirt is painted a beautiful royal blue, with a man harvesting nopales.
- This Lupita has a pony tail, along with lovely flowers and a comb in her hair.
- She is holding a ceramic platter with fresh nopales.
- The Lupitas come in many styles and wonderful colors.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans and initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.