Lupita NAJACO Ceramic Doll Figurine Mexico Folk Art Back Cage Bird Green
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll With Parrot in back Cage with Green Skirt
- Tall- 11 1/2"
- Wide- 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- Base- 6 3/4" x 4 1/4"
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a wood cage on her back with parrots.
- The colorful parrots move when the Lupita is moved.
- The skirt is painted a lovely Green with a large two colorful birds on the apron.
This doll has one coiled braid in the back of her hair along with flowers.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted with bright and amazing colors.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are created in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colorful details. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted and initialed/signed by the artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.