Lupita Najaco Ceramic Doll/Figurine Mexican Fruit Basket Collectible Orange #2
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll, Basket of Fresh Fruit, Orange Skirt
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall
- 6-1/4" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a basket of colorful fruit.
- The artisan has painted colorful fruit on her skirt .
- The skirt is painted a lovely orange color.
- This doll has her hair in One Long Braid with a Bow flowers.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
Najaco dolls are created in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans and initialed or signed.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.