Lupita Najaco Ceramic Doll/Figurine Mexican Folk Art Espanola Fruit Basket Rust
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Figurine, Fruit Basket, Rust color Skirt.
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall
- 6 1/2" x 5 1/4" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a ceramic fruit basket
- Her hair is in two coiled braid and Flowers.
- The artisan painted the apron with beautiful color fruits.
- Her skirt is painted a gorgeous Rust color.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. in 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colorful details. Each doll is molded, afterward, each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations from one to another.