Lupita NAJACO Ceramic Doll/Figurine/Hat Butterfly Platter Mexico Folk Art Teal
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll, Butterfly Platter, Teal Colored Skirt.
- The figurine is 11 1/2" tall.
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 6 1/2" across.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is a female carrying a beautiful butterfly and flowers platter.
- Her lovely skirt is a teal color with a painting of a butterfly in the meadows.
- Her hair is in a pony tail, a ceramic hat with a bow and flowers in her hair.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco.
- In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colorful details. Each doll is molded, afterward, each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations from one to another.