Lupita Najaco Ceramic Doll/Figurine Corn Basket Mexican Folk Art Teal
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll with Corn Basket, Teal Skirt
- Tall 11 3/4"
- Base Wide- 6"
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder).
- The figurine is holding a ceramic basket of fresh Mexican Corn.
- This Lupita has her hair in a Braid wrapped around her head with flowers.
- She is wearing a Teal colored skirt with a painting of a couple looking at the Sun.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans.
- All the Lupita's are signed or initialed by the artisans.
Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco by the Arana family.
- In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.