Lupita NAJACO Ceramic/Clay Figurine Mexican Folk Art Basket of Lilies Orange
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll "Lily Basket" Orange Skirt
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall
- 7" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- She is carrying a ceramic basket with white calla lilies.
- The skirt is painted a beautiful orange color.
- She has her hair in 2 long braids with flowers and bows.
- The artisan has painted gorgeous lilies on her skirt.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The Lupita is painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco.
- In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand painted and will have slight variations one to another.