Lupita NAJACO Ceramic/Clay Figurine Mexican Folk Art Basket Fruit Espanola Plum
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Holding Fruit Basket.
- The figurine is 11 1/2" tall
- 6" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a ceramic basket with fruit.
- The skirt is painted a lovely plum color.
- The artisan has painted vegetables on her apron.
- This doll has her hair in an Up do, with flowers.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, Lupita's come in many styles and colors.
Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted, initialed or signed by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.