Lupita NAJACO Ceramic/Clay Figurine Chicken/Chicks Basket Mexico Folk Art Purple
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Chicken and Chicks in Basket
- The figurine is 11" tall
- 7" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a basket of a chicken and chicks.
- The skirt is painted a lovely purple color.
- The apron shows a rooster and chicken surrounded by chicks.
- This doll has a long braid with flowers and a comb in her hair.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are created in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.