Lupita NAJACO Ceramic/Clay Figurine/Ceramic Hat Mexican Basket of Lilies Orange
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll "Lily Basket"
- The figurine is 11 3/4" tall
- 7" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- She is carrying a ceramic basket with white calla lilies.
- The skirt is painted a beautiful orange color.
- She is a long pony tail on the back of her head, along with a beautiful hat with flowers.
- She also a a ribbon on her pony tail.
- The artisan has painted gorgeous lilies on her skirt.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- The Lupita is painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- Najaco dolls are created in Tonalá, Jalisco.
- In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand painted and will have slight variations one to another.