Lupita Doll Sweet Bread Basket Green Ceramic Mexican Figurine
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll with a Basket of Sweet Bread, Green colored Skirt.
- The figurine is 11 1/2" tall.
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 6" across.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is a female carrying a woven basket of Sweet Bread.
- The Artisan has painted a lovely Chocolate or Coffee Pot with Sweetbread on a Green Skirt
- The Lupita has her hair in a Braid wrapped around her head, with Flowers.
- Lupita or Lupito is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita/Lupito was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly manufactures each figurine and is painted by hand.
- Najaco dolls were began in Tonalá, Jalisco in 1992, at the beginning, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- Each figurine shows a figurine either going to cut nopals, a seller of apples, vegetables, flowers, birds, the shepherd or the traditional pulquero, thus showing the beauty of the streets of a town.
- In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now. Each doll is a model of Mexican woman's beauty.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.