Lupita Doll Sitting Apple Basket Celeste Blue Dress Ceramic Mexican
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll w Celeste Blue Skirt, Seated, with Basket of Apples
- This doll is a female carrying a woven basket full of apples.
- The skirt is a lovely Celeste Blue with a beautiful hand painting of a man picking Apples.
- Her Hair is in Two Long Braids with Flowers and Bows.
- The figurine is 9-1/2" tall.
- She is 4 1/4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 5 3/4" across.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- Lupita or Lupito is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita/Lupito was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly manufactures each figurine and is painted by hand.
- Najaco dolls were began in Tonalá, Jalisco in 1992, at the beginning, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- Each figurine shows a figurine either going to cut nopales, a seller of apples, vegetables, flowers, birds, the shepherd or the traditional pulquero, thus showing the beauty of the streets of a town.
- In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now. Each doll is a model of Mexican woman's beauty.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.