Lupita Doll Parrot Cage Lime Green Dress NAJACO Ceramic Mexican Folk Art
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll with Parrot in Cage.
- The figurine is 11 1/4" tall
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 7" across.
- This ceramic doll is made by a family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is holding a parrot in a cage.
- The skirt is a lovely Lime Green with a parrot painted on it.
- She has a pony tail with flowers and a comb in her hair.
- Lupita or Lupito is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita/Lupito was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly manufactures each figurine and is painted by hand.
- Najaco dolls were began in Tonalá, Jalisco in 1992, at the beginning, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now. Each doll is a model of Mexican woman's beauty.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.