Lupita Doll Najaco Ceramic Figurine Mexico Pitaya/Dragon Fruit Yellow
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Figurine, Pitaya Fruit, Yellow colored Skirt
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall
- 6 1/2" x 5 1/4" wide (at the base).
- She is 4" (Shoulder to shoulder).
- The ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala.
- The doll/figurine is carrying a basket with pitaya or dragon fruit.
- A pitaya or pitahaya is the fruit of several different cactus species indigenous to the Americas.
- The artisan painted the apron with a man harvesting the pitaya.
- Her skirt is painted a gorgeous Yellow.
- This doll has her hair in a Braid wrapped around her head and flowers.
- The Lupita is hand painted by Mexican artisans, each detail is hand painted and each doll is initialed or signed by the artisan.
- Najaco dolls are made in Tonalá, Jalisco. in 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colorful details. Each doll is molded, afterward, each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations from one to another.