Lupita Doll/Figurine NAJACO Ceramic Mexican Apple Carry Sack Turq
- "Lupita" Najaco Ceramic Doll Apple Sack Turquoise
- The figurine is 11-1/2" tall.
- She is 4" (shoulder to shoulder)
- It is 6-1/2" across.
- This ceramic doll is made by the Arana family in Tonala, Mexico.
- This doll is a female carrying a bag of apples over her back.
- Her lovely skirt is turquoise color with a beautiful hand painting of fresh apples.
- Lupita or Lupito is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita/Lupito was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly creates each figurine and each is painted by hand.
- Najaco dolls began in Tonalá, Jalisco. In 1992, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people doing daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits.
- This folk art is full of colored details. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.