Lupita Doll Calla Lilies Yellow Dress Ceramic Mexican Folk Art Lily
- "Lupita" with Basket of Calla Lilies, Mexican Ceramic Figurine with a Yellow Dress.
- The figurine is 11-3/8" tall and 6 1/4" wide at the base.
- Please note all details. This figurine has the Dress, Apron & Basket of Calla Lilies.
- The Apron has beautiful Calla Lilies painted on it & signed by the artist.
- This ceramic doll is made by a family in Tonala, Mexico.
- Lupita is a typical name in Mexico, thus the name Lupita was given to each figurine.
- The family proudly manufactures each figurine and is painted by hand.
- Najaco were born in Tonalá, Jalisco in 1992, at the beginning, the family was looking for a way to depict Mexican people's daily chores (especially women) while in their typical outfits. Each figurine shows a figurine either going to cut nopals, a seller of apples, vegetables, flowers, birds, the shepherd or the traditional pulquero, thus showing the beauty of the streets of a town.
- In short, typical women or men doing their chores from the past and even now. Each doll is a model of Mexican woman's beauty.
- This folk art is full of colored detail. Each doll is molded, afterward each figurine is hand painted by artisans.
- Please note: these figurines are individually hand made & painted and will have slight variations one to another.